December 20, 2020

 Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and closeup

Today marks two full weeks drinking celery juice every morning. I’m glad I had already gone gluten free before this, because to make all the dietary changes necessary to improve my health would be overwhelming to attempt all at once. I’ve been gluten free for two years, and now this next step. I’m also cutting out dairy, which is a really big step as well since I’m admittedly emotionally attached to ice cream, butter, and cheese, but these are also big sources of inflammation... 

I posted this picture because it’s a great representation of how healthy one can appear, and if they’re really determined, how far the body can be pushed. This was taken at the finish of a Tough Mudder. What you can’t see is that I was a kid chronically sick with throat and sinus infections which continued into adulthood. Then turned into allergies, digestive problems, joint pain, intermittent fevers, constant infections, and other symptoms. I’ve almost gotten used to feeling like shit, and the autoimmune diagnoses confirmed it. I pushed myself hard to do that event. I pushed my body past it’s limits to do Tae Kwon Do that I had to give up because my joints got too arthritic. I don’t want to give up yoga, too. If I don’t do something to get at the source instead of covering up symptoms with pharmaceuticals that give me other problems, then it’ll just continue to get worse. 

It feels good to take charge of my own health instead of leaving it in other people’s hands who are only guessing. Everyone’s systems are different, so I’m not saying that what I’m doing is a fix for everyone. Even blood type plays a role... I’m just saying that with every step I take in the right direction, I feel a little improvement, and that makes me happy to know all this effort is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THROAT CHAKRA MALA

This Throat Chakra Mala is made with 106 Sandalwood counting beads + 2 Blue Lapiz Lazuli counting beads, cedar wood Buddha guru bead, blue s...