WEEKLY MALA MEDITATION: The Four Agreements (I)

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'THE FOURAGREEMENTS: I. BE IMPECCABLE WITHYOUR YOUR WORD. I speak with integrity. •I I say only what I mean. •I avoid using the word to speak against myself or to gossip about others. •I I use the power of my word in the direction of truth and love. Don Miguel Ruiz & Bridge To Balance, LLC'

"The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz is the theme for our next four Mala Meditations. My therapist recommended this book to me years ago and it made such an impression that I gave it to everyone in my family for Christmas one year! 

In "The Four Agreements," the author highlights four leading principles for achieving a life of true happiness, freedom, and love. He believes that there are certain self-limiting beliefs that can rob us of joy and create unnecessary suffering. The principles are simple, yet applying them to everyday life is a true challenge. 

The first one is, “Be Impeccable With Your Word.” He summarizes this so well on the inside cover of his book that I give him full credit for his words in these affirmations: “Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.”

If you haven’t already read this book, I highly recommend it- the way he explains everything is so much more profound than this little snippet!

HOW TO USE YOUR MALA:
Starting next to the guru bead, move your fingers from one counting bead to the next as you say the affirmations in the photo. Once you’ve returned to the guru bead, you have completed a full meditation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THROAT CHAKRA MALA

This Throat Chakra Mala is made with 106 Sandalwood counting beads + 2 Blue Lapiz Lazuli counting beads, cedar wood Buddha guru bead, blue s...