WEEKLY MALA MEDITATION - THE ROOT CHAKRA

THE ROOT CHAKRA

Name: Muladhara
Color: Red
Mantra: Lam
Element: Earth
Location: Base of the spine
Stones/Crystals: Garnet, Black Tourmaline, Jasper, Obsidian, Onyx

The first of the seven chakras located at the base of the spine opens downward connecting the energy body with the earth. It represents our foundation/roots, and symbolizes fundamental issues like shelter, safety, security, water, food, and family. When this chakra is out of balance, you might be arrogant, greedy, or disconnected from others, yourself, or life in general. When this chakra is in balance, you feel secure, safe, stable, and have a certain amount of reverence for the earth and all it provides for us. 

Ways to support your root chakra: engaging in grounding activities such as walking barefoot outside or using visualization techniques that help you to connect with the earth’s energy; wearing red and eating foods of the same color; wearing or holding a healing stone/crystal associated with the root chakra; using grounding affirmations like the ones in this post.

This Root Chakra Mala is made with sandalwood counting beads, lava stone counting beads, cedar wood Buddha guru bead, silky red cord, and red cotton tassel.

HOW TO USE YOUR MALA:
Starting next to the guru bead, move your fingers from one counting bead to the next as you say the affirmations in the photo. Once you’ve returned to the guru bead, you have completed a full meditation!

May be an image of text that says 'AFFIRMATIONS FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA Like a tree, my roots extend from the base of my spine, down through my legs, feet, and deep into the earth. •I am grounded and connected to the earth's healing energy. I am peaceful, secure, and balanced. •I am safe in my body. •I I am my home. Andrea Row'

No comments:

Post a Comment

THROAT CHAKRA MALA

This Throat Chakra Mala is made with 106 Sandalwood counting beads + 2 Blue Lapiz Lazuli counting beads, cedar wood Buddha guru bead, blue s...